The hotel was praised for its high-quality service, elegance and functionality of on-site amenities, and remarkable view. The Peninsula Chicago was ranked No. 2, followed by The Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club, Surfside, Florida.
Esperanza, an Auberge Resort in Cabo San Lucas, was named Best Hotel in Mexico, while Le Blanc Spa Resort in Cancun was selected Best All-Inclusive Resort in Mexico.
Jade Mountain in St. Lucia, with stunning architecture and pool sanctuaries, was selected Best Hotel in the Caribbean and Best All-Inclusive Resort in the Caribbean. The Loren at Pink Beach in Tuckers’ Town was named Best Hotel in Bermuda and, for the second time, Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver was named Best Hotel in Canada.
La Reserve Paris-Hotel and Spa, with Michelin two-star restaurant Gabriel, was named Best Hotel in Europe, followed by Hotel Sanders in Copenhagen and the glamorous Hotel Eden in Rome.
More than 30,000 luxury hotels and resorts in 400 destinations in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean are evaluated for U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hotels rankings, which began in 2011. A comprehensive methodology is used that is based on hotels’ stars ratings, industry accolades and guest reviews.
“In order to create these lists, we first look at a hotel’s class and then take into consideration what recent guests are saying and what industry awards the hotel has won throughout the year [ranging from TripAdvisor’s Travelers Choice Awards to AAA Five Diamond Awards]. We also rank resorts [including all-inclusives] in Mexico, Canada, the U.S. and the Caribbean, and provide information on all of the top hotel chains around the globe, along with where their properties rank on our lists,” says Hannah Cheney, travel editor at U.S. News & World Report.
“We’ve had a four-star rating cutoff,” she added. “We decided to expand our content this year to include 3.5-star hotels in select destinations throughout the U.S. to offer more affordable options to our readers.”
This consists of a curated selection of accessible and smaller accommodations.
Top 15 US Hotels
Are you looking for an outstanding meeting space for your next event? Here are the top 15 U.S hotels, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 Best Hotels rankings.
- Four Season Resort Hualalai, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii (243 guest rooms, 37,037 sq. ft. of meeting space)
- The Peninsula Chicago (339 guest rooms, 15,973 sq. ft.)
- Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club, Surfside, Miami (105 guest rooms, 531 sq. ft.)
- Four Seasons Resort Lanai, Hawaii (213 guest rooms, 55,682 sq. ft.)
- Four Seasons Hotel Chicago (345 guest rooms, 23,757 sq. ft.)
- Aqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, Florida (54 guest rooms, 3,644 sq. ft.)
- The Langham Chicago (268 guest rooms, 15,000 sq. ft.)
- Montage Kapalua Bay, Maui, Hawaii (59 guest rooms, 50,000 sq. ft.)
- Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa, Santa Fe, California (49 guest rooms, 12,000 sq. ft.)
- Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, California (170 guest rooms, 5,600 sq. ft.)
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills, California (195 guest rooms, 3,398 sq. ft.)
- The Inn & Club at Harbour Town-The Sea Pines Resort, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina (60 guest rooms, 20,000 sq. ft.)
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, Hawaii (383 guest rooms, 30,806 sq. ft.)
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar, San Diego (249 guest rooms, 20,000 sq. ft.)
- Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC (222 guest rooms, 22,925 sq. ft.)