2019 Press Releases
Smart Meetings Announces Winners of 2019 Smart Women in Meetings Awards
SAUSALITO, Calif., March 4, 2019 — Smart Meetings, the leading media company and most trusted resource for meeting professionals, is proud to announce the winners of the fourth annual Smart Women in Meetings Awards. This prestigious awards platform has come to serve as a celebrated benchmark for women who are making significant impacts on the meetings industry worldwide.
Females make up the majority of the workforce in the meetings and events industry and yet, most critical leadership roles are filled by men. Through this awards platform, Smart Meetings recognizes women who apply their natural leadership skills in all levels of their careers to elevate the meetings industry.
These women are not only the faces of the industry, but the backbone and spirit of it, as well. The awards recognize the industry’s top female meeting professionals in seven prestigious categories including Hall of Fame, Visionaries, Industry Leaders, Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Stellar Performers and Rising Stars. These award winners were distinguished by thousands of nominations from their industry peers and colleagues, and evaluated against hundreds of remarkable, qualified meeting candidates. They earned top honors for their commitment and significant contributions to the meetings industry.
“As the leader of a Woman Owned business under the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), I am honored to promote such a worthy cause for my fellow women in meetings to celebrate our industry, and support and salute each other’s goals and accomplishments,” said Smart Meetings founder and CEO Marin Bright. “The Smart Women in Meetings Awards are especially close to my heart. I am proud to provide a platform for all the women in our industry who drive change and celebrate our progress together as one united community.”
Smart Women in Meetings Award winners will be featured in the March issue of Smart Meetings magazine and will receive on-stage honors at the fourth annual Smart Women in Meetings Awards gala on May 8 at the Smart Woman Summit in Las Vegas.
The 2019 Smart Woman Summit will be held at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino and Paris Las Vegas Hotel on May 7-8. Everyone (women and men) in the meetings industry are welcome to attend this educational and professional development conference. The Smart Woman Summit will feature educational workshops, thought-leading keynote speakers, dynamic networking opportunities and will culminate with the Smart Women in Meetings Awards gala.
About Smart Meetings:
Smart Meetings is the leading media company and the most trusted resource for meeting professionals. Providing best-in-class service, Smart Meetings publishes cutting-edge meetings content in print and digital magazines, hosts world-class hosted-buyer networking events, provides CEU-accredited webinars and offers myriad digital resources.
Director of Marketing
2018 Press Releases
2017 Press Releases
2016 Press Releases
2015 Press Releases
2014 Press Releases
Smart Meetings elsewhere on the Web:
– Hundreds of media outlets and journalists viewed the winner’s release and clips from the TV special “Smart Destinations: The Best of 2013.” Major media outlets such as Yahoo, Boston Globe and The Street, along many local television stations and business journals relayed the news across the web.
– “Wyndham Offers Meeting Planners Chance at One Million Rewards Points,” hotel-industry.co.uk, July 7, 2012.
– Meeting planners visit to hear Hawaii’s pitch,” Honolulu Star Advertiser, March 21, 2012.
– “Hawaii woos meeting planners with Smart Meetings event,” Pacific Business News, March 16, 2012.
– “‘Smart Event’ to Sell Hawaii Meetings and Incentives, March 18
– 20,” Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, March 16, 2012.
– “Make it Work : The Zen of Event Planning,” forbes.com, Oct. 27, 2011.
– “Smart Meetings Convenes 25% Growth,” minonline.com, Jan. 12, 2009.