2017 Press Releases
Smart Meetings Announces Gayle Klein as Global Director of Meetings and Events
Sausalito, Calif., Nov. 15, 2017 — Smart Meetings, the leading media company and most trusted resource for meeting professionals, is proud to announce Gayle Klein as its new Global Director of Meetings and Events overseeing both its Smart Meetings 360 sourcing division and the company’s event department. Klein will report to Marin Bright, Smart Meetings founder and CEO.
Klein, a passionate 10-year hotel hospitality veteran, brings a unique level of experience to Smart Meetings. Smart Meetings 360, the company’s complimentary site-sourcing service locates and secures tailor-matched hotels and venues for meeting professionals, while the brand’s dynamic events department produces monthly hosted-buyer networking events across the United States, delivering powerful face-to-face business appointments between high-quality meeting planners and premier hotel and destinations.
A proven senior-level hospitality expert, Klein most recently served as Director of Sales for Blueprint Studios. During her term, Klein was responsible for ensuring optimal organizational design and developmental structures for sales-related functions including prospecting, creative proposal writing, contract negotiations, sales presentations, client services and profitability management.
“We are delighted to bring Gayle on board and look forward to her strong leadership, and creative and strategic planning solutions,” said Marin Bright. “Her strong background in hospitality sales lends itself well to our sourcing and events departments.”
In her dual role as Global Director of Meetings and Events, Klein will be responsible for business development, implementing future growth initiatives and crafting strategic and creative planning solutions for both the sourcing and events departments. She will secure event locations, recruit meeting planners and create robust and lucrative sponsorship programs.
Klein’s experience includes myriad senior sales positions at Skyline Hospitality, Fairmont Hotels, Four Seasons Hotels and Kimpton Hotels where she demonstrated an outstanding reputation for exceeding personal and company revenue goals.
Gayle earned double honors in Communication Studies and Sociology from Wilfrid Laurier University in Ontario, Canada and a master’s degree in Professional Communications from the University of Western Sydney in New South Wales, Australia.
About Smart Meetings:
Smart Meetings is the leading media company and the most trusted resource for meeting professionals. Providing best-in-class service, Smart Meetings publishes cutting-edge meetings content in print and digital magazines, hosts world-class hosted-buyer networking events, provides CEU-accredited webinars, offers a complimentary site-selection service and offers myriad digital resources.
2017 Press Releases
2016 Press Releases
2015 Press Releases
2014 Press Releases
Smart Meetings elsewhere on the Web:
– Hundreds of media outlets and journalists viewed the winner’s release and clips from the TV special “Smart Destinations: The Best of 2013.” Major media outlets such as Yahoo, Boston Globe and The Street, along many local television stations and business journals relayed the news across the web.
– “Wyndham Offers Meeting Planners Chance at One Million Rewards Points,” hotel-industry.co.uk, July 7, 2012.
– Meeting planners visit to hear Hawaii’s pitch,” Honolulu Star Advertiser, March 21, 2012.
– “Hawaii woos meeting planners with Smart Meetings event,” Pacific Business News, March 16, 2012.
– “‘Smart Event’ to Sell Hawaii Meetings and Incentives, March 18
– 20,” Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, March 16, 2012.
– “Make it Work : The Zen of Event Planning,” forbes.com, Oct. 27, 2011.
– “Smart Meetings Convenes 25% Growth,” minonline.com, Jan. 12, 2009.