2020 Press Releases
Smart Meetings Announces Winners of 2020 Smart Women in Meetings Awards
SAUSALITO, Calif., March 1, 2020 — Smart Meetings, the leading meetings industry publisher and voice of inspiration for meeting professionals, is proud to announce the winners of the fifth annual Smart Women in Meetings Awards. This prestigious awards program has come to serve as a celebrated achievement for leading women who are making a significant impact and elevating the meetings industry.
The global meetings business is predominantly female, but women’s representation in industry leadership roles lags. Smart Meetings, a woman-owned company, aims to empower women and support their professional advancement. Through this awards program, Smart Meetings recognizes women in all levels of their careers who inspire us with their aptitude, leadership skills and dedication to their work in the meetings industry.
The awards highlight the industry’s top female meeting professionals in seven prestigious categories including Hall of Fame, Visionaries, Industry Leaders, Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Stellar Performers and Rising Stars. These living muses were distinguished by thousands of nominations from their industry peers and colleagues, and evaluated against hundreds of remarkable, qualified meeting candidates. They earned top honors for their commitment and significant contributions to the meetings industry.
“As the leader of a Woman Owned business under the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the Smart Women in Meetings Awards are near and dear to my heart,” said Smart Meetings founder and CEO, Marin Bright. “It’s my honor to shine a light on the accomplishments of my fellow women in meetings and celebrate our progress together as one united community.”
Smart Women in Meetings Award winners will be featured in the March issue of Smart Meetings magazine and will receive on-stage honors at the fifth annual Smart Women in Meetings Awards gala on April 23 at the Smart Woman Summit in Denver.
The 2020 Smart Woman Summit will be held at the Ritz-Carlton in Denver on April 22-23. Everyone (women and men) in the meetings industry are welcome to attend this educational and professional development conference. The Smart Woman Summit will feature educational workshops, thought-leading keynote speakers, dynamic networking opportunities and will culminate with the Smart Women in Meetings Awards gala.
About Smart Meetings:
Smart Meetings is the leading meetings industry publisher and voice of inspiration for meeting professionals. We inspire our audience of meeting and event professionals to dream big—and create brilliant experiences that delight attendees, achieve desired results and elevate the impact of the meetings industry. Smart Meetings publishes cutting-edge meetings content in print and digital magazines 12 times per year, hosts world-class networking events, produces CEU-accredited webinars and offers a myriad of digital resources.
2019 Press Releases
2018 Press Releases
2017 Press Releases
2016 Press Releases
2015 Press Releases
2014 Press Releases
Smart Meetings elsewhere on the Web:
– Hundreds of media outlets and journalists viewed the winner’s release and clips from the TV special “Smart Destinations: The Best of 2013.” Major media outlets such as Yahoo, Boston Globe and The Street, along many local television stations and business journals relayed the news across the web.
– “Wyndham Offers Meeting Planners Chance at One Million Rewards Points,” hotel-industry.co.uk, July 7, 2012.
– Meeting planners visit to hear Hawaii’s pitch,” Honolulu Star Advertiser, March 21, 2012.
– “Hawaii woos meeting planners with Smart Meetings event,” Pacific Business News, March 16, 2012.
– “‘Smart Event’ to Sell Hawaii Meetings and Incentives, March 18
– 20,” Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, March 16, 2012.
– “Make it Work : The Zen of Event Planning,” forbes.com, Oct. 27, 2011.
– “Smart Meetings Convenes 25% Growth,” minonline.com, Jan. 12, 2009.