Establish neutral ground in the Natural State
What is more natural than choosing a place to meet that is accessible, affordable and in close proximity to diverse wildlife areas with environmental protections in place to ensure that the beauty and bounty of approachable cities such as Little Rock, Fayetteville and Fort Smith will continue to be a resource for generations to come?
The state of Arkansas offers the opportunity for a welcoming and comfortable meeting where all attendees will feel at home.
Local Expert Tip
“If you said to everyone in the United States, ‘We’re going to pick a spot right in the middle of where you all live, and we’re going to hold our group’s national convention there,’ you would be talking about a meeting spot very close to Arkansas.”
– Jessica Ledbetter, sales director Arkansas Tourism
5 Reasons Meeting Profs Love Arkansas
- Accessible and affordable. Arkansas offers a budget-friendly destination with ease of access from the two major national airports, Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport (LIT) in Little Rock and Northwest Arkansas International Airport (XNA) in Fayetteville. Both airports are adjacent to interstate highways and offer affordable flights.
- Enjoy the outdoors. “Arkansas’s State Park Lodges are unique sites, welcoming planners and guests to striking landscapes and spacious facilities,” says Ledbetter. Retreats and board meetings from 75-300 can enjoy the outdoors at Arkansas lodges.
Read More: Homage to History in Oklahoma and Arkansas
- Clinton Presidential Center. Named after America’s former president, the Clinton Presidential Center in the state’s capitol of Little Rock is so much more than a meeting space. The interactive collection of exhibitions features American history, while providing fun activities and an award-winning restaurant. For special events, the center offers over 10,000 sq. ft. of space.
- Southern culinary delights. Arkansas is home to many farms offering true farm-to-table cuisine. “Our many farms mean that much of your food is sourced locally from the best farm-fresh ingredients,” says Ledbetter.
- Little Rock has it all. The Arkansas capitol city of Little Rock has over 35 meeting and convention venues and easy access to interstate highways. With 7,200 hotel rooms and 220,000 sq. ft. of meeting space in the Statehouse Convention Center alone, Ledbetter says “Little Rock is ready to play host to events!”