Are you an old dog eager to learn a new trick? Enroll in a master class at Marriott!
It’s not every day you’re given the chance to hit the court to perfect your slam dunk with NBA superstar Dwyane Wade or go diving with the son of renowned explorer Jacques Cousteau. These are just two of the exclusive once-in-a-lifetime opportunities Marriott International announced June 28 as part of their new master class series available to members of the Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) programs.
“Our members believe life is an adventure worth pursuing,” David Flueck, senior vice president of global loyalty at Marriott International said. “We’re focused on taking the best of Marriott’s loyalty programs–including our partnerships and extraordinary portfolio of hotels–and stepping it up with master classes that provide transformative experiences travelers cannot get anywhere else.”
The first master classes to be offered are as follows, but additional opportunities will arise in the future:
• NBA skills training with Dwyane Wade at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami
• Cooking lessons with Eric Ripert at the Cayman Cookout hosted by The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman
• Surf lessons with Laird Hamilton at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa in Florida
• Culinary experience with Chef Paco Perez at Hotel Arts Barcelona
• Golf clinic with Annika Sorenstam at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
• Golf lessons with Padraig Harrington at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay in California
• Golf clinic with Thomas Bjorn at The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella, Spain
• Underwater conservation with Jean-Michel Cousteau at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, Hawaii
• Fly-fishing adventure on St. John’s River aboard a private floatplane at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando
• Tennis clinic taught by a pro player and celebrity tennis enthusiast at the U.S. Open in New York
These courses are an extension of the Marriott Rewards Moments and SPG Moments programs.
According to a recent Forbes study, millennials see a lot of value in self-improvement, with a whopping 94 percent committing themselves to change. Meeting professionals of all ages can use these master class experiences as inspiration for keynote addresses and immersive activities. Event attendees who have earned enough points can also redeem a master class while attending an event at a participating property.