Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
When choosing a hotel, the volume of available properties and online accommodations reviews can make it hard to focus. Luckily, U.S. News & World Report’s list of 2017 Best Hotels has arrived to make the decision easier—at least for those looking to book the best luxury hotels on the market. The worldwide rankings and consumer advice expert evaluated luxury hotels across the United States to identify standouts in this elite category. Factors that figured in the scoring included hotel industry awards and expert and guest reviews.
Hotels ranked in the top 10 percent earned a Gold Badge. These properties command high rates—approximately 60 percent higher than competitors’ prices, according to research by U.S. News & World Report. In return, they offer premium amenities such as infinity pools, complimentary fitness classes and free kids clubs.
The three U.S. cities occupying podium position with the most Gold Badge hotels are also in-demand meetings and conventions destinations: New York City (23), Las Vegas (11) and Los Angeles (10).
The list of 50 Best Hotels in the United States features more geographic variety, highlighting hotels from Georgia, Utah, Hawaii and other luxurious locales. Notable listings include:
Ranked second, the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, on Hawaii’s Big Island, fuses oceanfront luxury with the essence of Hawaiian culture, design and tradition. The Official PGA Tour Resort offers nearly 24,000 square feet of meeting space, plus a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course.
The Lodge at Sea Island, a 40-room boutique hotel on Georgia’s barrier islands, ranks fifth. Set on the former site of an antebellum plantation, the Forbes Five Star property provides Southern charm and hospitality as well as a full complement of amenities and activities.
Montage Deer Valley in Park City, Utah, ranked eighth, offers a majestic destination for a mountain escape. With more than 55,000 square feet of meeting space, ski in/ski out access, a large spa complex and an on-site bowling alley, there’s plenty to explore.
Aria Sky Suites, a AAA Five Diamond hotel towering above the Las Vegas Strip, places 35th. The opulent property boasts incredible views, personal concierge services, poolside pampering and suites of up to 2,060 sq. ft.
Here are the Top 20 Best U.S. Hotels of 2017, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- The Langham – Chicago
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai – Hualalai, Hawaii
- The Jefferson – Washington, D.C.
- Montage Kapalua Bay – Lahaina, Hawaii
- The Lodge at Sea Island – Sea Island, Georgia
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach – Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
- The Hay-Adams – Washington, D.C.
- Montage Deer Valley – Park City, Utah
- Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa – Rancho Santa Fe, California
- Primland – Meadows of Dan, Virginia
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills – Beverly Hills, California
- Mandarin Oriental – Las Vegas
- Four Seasons Resort Lanai – Lanai City, Hawaii
- The Peninsula – Chicago
- The Greenwich Hotel – New York City
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea – Wailea, Hawaii
- Wentworth Mansion – Charleston, South Carolina
- Four Seasons Hotel Chicago – Chicago
- The Lowell New York – New York City
- Waldorf Astoria Chicago – Chicago