The Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World is one of only eight new hotel additions to AAA's exclusive Five Diamond list of resorts, and the only one in Orlando, the travel company announced Friday.
The list is made up of only 121 hotels and 63 restaurants of the more than 58,000 AAA Diamond-rated hotels and restaurants, and many of these are repeat winners.
"At the ultra-luxury level we're seeing an increasing number of hotels offering guests the choice of high-end service by white glove or touch screen—in person or electronically," says Michael Petrone, director of AAA Inspections and Diamond Ratings.
The ratings come from on-the-ground inspections by the AAA team of inspectors, who visit about 1,200 hotels and restaurants weekly.
The new AAA Five Diamond hotels:
- Four Seasons Hotel Denver—Denver, Colorado
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort—Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- Grand Luxxe—Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
- One&Only Palmilla—San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico
- Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa—Rancho Santa Fe, California
- Shangri-La Hotel—Toronto, Ontario
- The Langham, Chicago—Chicago, Illinois
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman—Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands