2014 PLATINUM CHOICE AWARD WINNERS CHOSEN
Select Hotels and CVBs Earn Coveted Recognition from Smart Meetings
Sausalito, Calif. (October 9, 2014) —Smart Meetings magazine, the industry’s premier resource for meeting professionals, today announced the winners of its 11th annual Platinum Choice award. This prestigious award recognizes excellence in service and amenities among meeting hotels and resorts in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. An additional category recognizes outstanding services by destination marketing organizations and convention and visitor bureaus across North America.
Out of thousands of qualified properties and organizations, we honor a select 192 this year. Winners earn this recognition by setting exemplary standards in a range of categories, including ambience, amenities, breadth of resources, facility quality, guest services, meeting space, meeting packages, recreational activities, restaurant and dining facilities, and technical support. The honorees are chosen by our readers, who vote for their favorites, with additional input from editors and industry experts.
2014 Press Releases
- 2014 Platinum Choice Award Winners Chosen
- Marin Bright Selected as an Honoree in 2014 Folio Top Women in Media Awards
- Smart Meetings Announces 2014 Smart Stars Award Winners
- Smart Meetings Partners with eSpeakers
- Smart Meetings 2014 Events Scheduled
2013 Press Releases
- Smart Meetings Magazine Launches TV Special “Smart Destinations: Best of 2013” Featuring the Winners of the Smart Stars Awards
- 2013 Platinum Choice Award Winners Chosen
- Reader’s Survey Results for Smart Stars of 2013 Winners Revealed in 25 Categories by Smart Meetings Magazine
- Smart Meetings Magazine Wins 2013 Maggie Award
- Smart Meetings Magazine is a Finalist for Five Maggie Awards
- 2013 Smart Meetings Event Schedule Announced
Smart Meetings elsewhere on the Web:
– Hundreds of media outlets and journalists viewed the winner’s release and clips from the TV special “Smart Destinations: The Best of 2013.” Major media outlets such as Yahoo, Boston Globe and The Street, along many local television stations and business journals relayed the news across the web.
–"Wyndham Offers Meeting Planners Chance at One Million Rewards Points," hotel-industry.co.uk, July 7, 2012.
–Meeting planners visit to hear Hawaii's pitch," Honolulu Star Advertiser, March 21, 2012.
–"Hawaii woos meeting planners with Smart Meetings event," Pacific Business News, March 16, 2012.
–"'Smart Event' to Sell Hawaii Meetings and Incentives, March 18–20," Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, March 16, 2012.
–"Make it Work : The Zen of Event Planning," forbes.com, Oct. 27, 2011.
–"Smart Meetings Convenes 25% Growth," minonline.com, Jan. 12, 2009.