2017 Press Releases
SAUSALITO, Calif., Feb. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/- Smart Meetings Announces 2017 Smart Women in Meetings Awards Winners
Smart Meetings, the leading media company and most trusted resource for meeting professionals, is proud to announce the second annual Smart Women in Meetings Awards. The prestigious awards platform honors talented, dedicated women who are making an impact on the meetings industry, elevating and inspiring female meeting ambassadors worldwide.
Designed to honor and celebrate all women in the meetings industry, The Smart Women in Meetings Awards recognizes the industry’s top female meeting professionals in five prestigious categories including Industry Leaders, Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Doers, and Rising Stars. Now in its second year, the awards platform has come to serve as a celebrated benchmark for meeting planners nationwide. Nominated by their peers and colleagues, and ranked against hundreds of their remarkable, qualified meeting peers, these award winners earn top honors for their hard work and dedication to the meetings industry.
“I am so honored to provide such a fabulous platform of recognition to our meeting planning community,” said Smart Meetings founder and CEO, Marin Bright. “For such a female-driven industry, it is important to me to ensure that our women are gaining the recognition they truly deserve. Women in the workforce have their own set of challenges to overcome, and meeting planners have an especially difficult and stressful job—I’m so happy to salute these talented, hardworking women and continue to grow our community of strong female leaders.”
Winners of this prestigious award will be featured in the March 2017 issue of Smart Meetings magazine (print and digital), and will receive recognition and exposure through the Smart Meetings website, newsletters and social media, and acknowledgment at a Smart Women in Meetings Awards luncheon at the 2017 Smart Woman Summit in Denver, CO.
The Smart Woman Summit will be held at the Ritz-Carlton, Denver on April 28. All women in the meetings industry are welcome to attend this professional development conference designed to advance their careers and enhance their working relationships. The signature conference will feature educational workshops, thought-leading keynote speakers and dynamic networking opportunities.
About Smart Meetings:
Smart Meetings is the leading media company and the most trusted resource for meeting professionals. Providing best-in-class service, Smart Meetings publishes cutting-edge meetings content in print and digital magazines, hosts world-class hosted-buyer networking events, provides CEU-accredited webinars, offers a complimentary site-selection service and offers myriad digital resources.
2016 Press Releases
2015 Press Releases
2014 Press Releases
Marin Bright Selected as an Honoree in 2014 Folio Top Women in Media Awards
Smart Meetings Announces 2014 Smart Stars Award Winners
Smart Meetings Partners with eSpeakers
Smart Meetings 2014 Events Scheduled
Smart Meetings elsewhere on the Web:
– Hundreds of media outlets and journalists viewed the winner’s release and clips from the TV special “Smart Destinations: The Best of 2013.” Major media outlets such as Yahoo, Boston Globe and The Street, along many local television stations and business journals relayed the news across the web.
– “Wyndham Offers Meeting Planners Chance at One Million Rewards Points,” hotel-industry.co.uk, July 7, 2012.
– Meeting planners visit to hear Hawaii’s pitch,” Honolulu Star Advertiser, March 21, 2012.
– “Hawaii woos meeting planners with Smart Meetings event,” Pacific Business News, March 16, 2012.
– “‘Smart Event’ to Sell Hawaii Meetings and Incentives, March 18
– 20,” Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, March 16, 2012.
– “Make it Work : The Zen of Event Planning,” forbes.com, Oct. 27, 2011.
– “Smart Meetings Convenes 25% Growth,” minonline.com, Jan. 12, 2009.