Destinations International (DI) unveiled its 2021 Hall of Fame inductees and Destination Organization Leadership Award recipient.
Created in 2017, DI’s Destination Organization Leaders Award is “among the association’s most prestigious honors, recognizing those outstanding individuals who, through their exceptional work and achievements, have made a significant contribution to the destination marketing and management industry and a profound difference in the communities they serve,” reads a press release by the organization.
More: Destinations International Rising Stars Share Their Covid Lessons
The Hall of Fame, created three years before the Leaders Award, recognizes individuals who made notable contributions to the advancement of the hospitality industry. “These visionaries have been responsible for the evolution of our industry and have had a profound impact on its healthy future,” said Don Welsh, president and CEO for DI.
Destination Organization Leadership Award Recipient:
- Elliott L. Ferguson, president and CEO of Destination DC
Destinations International Hall of Fame Inductees:
- Larry Alexander, former president and CEO of Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Deb Archer, CDME, former president and CEO of Destination Madison
- Wayne Chappell, former executive director of Baltimore Convention & Visitors Bureau; former president of Kansas City Convention & Visitors Bureau; and former chief operations officer and vice president of Tradeshow Relations of Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Marion Frances Szurek, former executive director of the San Angelo Convention & Visitors Bureau (Deceased)