InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is beginning the year anew as IHG Hotels & Resorts. The brand’s stated purpose is “True Hospitality for Good,” and this renewal is designed to reflect that.
“The travel industry has faced challenges like never before, and while adapting to new realities we’ve also stayed true to our roots,” says Claire Bennett, chief customer officer for IHG Hotels & Resorts. “We have an incredible family of brands, centered around connecting people—strengthening family bonds, forging business partnerships, uniting far-flung friends and engaging with our communities.”
With 16 brands and nearly 6,000 properties across 100 countries, the company is focused on “how it engages guests, hotel owners and colleagues, and better promoting the breadth of its portfolio,” states a company press release.
Key elements of IHG’s rebrand follow.
- IHG added the “Hotels & Resorts” descriptor to its trade name, reiterating the company’s collection of 16 brands.
- The IHG Hotels & Resorts visual brand identity has been given a makeover to appeal to a younger demographic of consumers, as well as hotel owners, colleagues and future talent around the world. Through new colors, photography and font, the company says the design is intended to showcase the brand and hotel experiences in a more engaging way.
- IHG Rewards has a corresponding new look and feel. The word “Club” has been removed from IHG Rewards. Going forward, IHG Rewards will be visible more often and in more places.
In addition, IHG’s 16 brands are now grouped into four collections.
The Luxury and Lifestyle Collection
IHG describes these as “defined by legacy, distinctive design and unforgettable service.”
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas
- Regent Hotels & Resorts
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Hotel Indigo
The Premium Collection
The Premium Collection consists of properties that focus on guests’ well-being.
- HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts
- Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
- EVEN Hotels
- voco Hotels
The Essentials Collection
“Always there and just what travelers need,” reads the press release.
- Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts
- Holiday Inn Express
- avid hotels
The Suites Collection
This collection has a home-like feel and is designed for longer stays.
- Atwell Suites
- Staybridge Suites
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Candlewood Suites