Since storming Area 51—the Air Force training station in the Nevada desert where extraterrestrial evidence is said to be housed—is illegal and dangerous (regardless of whether the 1.6 million people who have jokingly endorsed the Facebook page can “Naruto run” faster than the bullets), Smart Meetings asked our expert readers for fun ways to incorporate alien spirit in your next event.
Space- and Alien-Themed Hotels:
- Wanderlust: Just minutes from the Central Business District in Singapore, Wanderlust features an array of themed rooms, one theme being “Space.” These rooms contain a floor-to-ceiling rocket (in both red and blue) and a few alien friends to keep you company! From minibars to Wi-Fi and HD televisions, these loft-style rooms have all the amenities you’ll need for an epic space vacation.
- Fantasyland Hotel: Travel back in time or into the future in one of Fantasyland Hotel’s many themed rooms. In Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, the hotel’s “Space theme room” features a queen bed and two capsule bunk beds, as well as rotating images of space around the room! This room will really make you feel like you’re on an intergalactic space mission.
- Galaxy Pod Hostel: House your group in futuristic space pods in the heart of Reykjavik, Iceland. The Galaxy Pod Hostel boasts private queen-sized bed pods that really make you feel like you’re on a spacecraft, exploring the galaxy! Each pod comes equipped with a Smart TV, lockers and a safe, electrical plugs, a mirror, shelf, lighting and two fans!
- Sunset Inn & Suites: Take a trip into space at the Sunset Inn & Suites in Clinton, Illinois. The hotel offers a “Space Odyssey” suite, fully stocked with everything you’ll need for an outer space adventure. From a flying saucer shaped bed to an in-room hot tub, this room has it all!
- Scum and Villainy Cantina: What started as a pop-up has turned into an intergalactic bar in Hollywood, California. Scum and Villainy Cantina brings all your favorite sci-fi and fantasy movies together to create an immersive experience that makes you feel like you’re in “a galaxy far, far, away!” Your group is bound to love the space themed menu, with items like the Twin Sun Tacos, Carbonite Queso and Cosmic Queen cocktail.
- Space Aliens Grill and Bar: Wings from Planet X, Space Dust Pickle Spears and Alien Burgers are just a few of the out-of-this-world items on the menu at Space Alien’s Grill and Bar. With three locations, this could be the perfect restaurant to take your space-loving group to!
- Le Dernier Bar avant la Fin du Monde (Bar at the End of the Universe): Located in Paris, France–Le Dernier Bar avant la Fin du Monde pays tribute to many sci-fi and space-themed pop culture icons with their decor and menu! From C3PO cocktails to Dark Side Cookies, there’s something for everyone in your group to fuel up on.
Area 51 and Alien Attractions:
- Utah UFO Festival: This annual festival just celebrated its fourth year in Cedar City, Utah. Every year the Utah UFO Festival brings researchers, believers and those who are curious together to camp out, discuss research, share stories and more for a weekend! Vendors, movies and live music are just a few of the other activities this festival has to offer.
- Area 51 Day Tour: Leaving from Las Vegas, take your group on a guided day tour to discover the mystery of Area 51. Learn about the top-secret Janet Airlines, see the mutant Joshua Tree Forest and even stop for lunch at the Little A’Le’Inn! This full-day excursion is sure to keep your group entertained.
- International UFO Museum & Research Center: Looking for the leading information source in history, science and research about UFO events around the world? Look no further. The International UFO Museum & Research Center is located in Roswell, New Mexico and offers a multimedia extraterrestrial experience. Watch videos, explore the library and take some photos–there’s something for everyone in the group!