Las Vegas had 47 shows on Trade Show News Network’s recently released list of the top 240 trade shows in 2017, thereby earning the top spot for the 24th straight year.
Las Vegas landed 47 meetings on the list—2017 TSNN Top Trade Shows in the United States—followed by Orlando (24), Chicago (21), and Atlanta (20). A total of 240 shows made the list and were ranked, based on the amount of square footage used.
“Last year, a record-breaking 6.6 million people traveled to this destination for business, and with a number of high-profile projects like the Las Vegas Convention Center District in the works—in addition to new meeting and convention space being added to the destination—Las Vegas is well-positioned to continue the momentum for decades to come,” Rossi Ralenkotter, CEO of Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, told the Trade Show News Network. “It’s an incredible honor to top TSNN’s coveted Top Trade Shows in the United States list for the 24th consecutive year, and we look forward to welcoming more shows to Vegas in the future.”
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers’ ConExpo-Con/AGG show earned the No. 1 ranking for an individual trade show. It was held March 7–11, and spanned more than 2.67 sq. ft. at Las Vegas Convention Center. The show attracted 2,375 exhibitors and more than 128,000 attendees.
“Our new immersive Tech Experience amplifies the technology in the exhibits, and was just one example that underscored our team’s commitment to deliver an unparalleled show experience and content to inspire and inform attendees about what’s next,” Sara Truesdale Mooney, the show’s director, told the Trade Show News Network.
Consumer Technology Association’s CES gathering, which garnered the top spot in 2016, placed second. The show drew more than 182,000 attendees, from 158 countries. It occupied 2.6 million sq. ft. of Las Vegas Convention Center.
Informa and UBM each had 14 shows on the list, more than any other companies. They were followed by SmithBucklin and Spargo (12 each), AmericasMart Atlanta and Reed Exhibitions USA (10 each) and PennWell (6).
Cities with the Most Trade Shows on TSNN List
- Las Vegas—47
- New York—13
- San Diego—9
- Boston and New Orleans—8
- Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.—7
- ConExpo-Con/AGG 2017 (Las Vegas Convention Center)—2.67 million sq. ft.
- Consumer Technology’s CES (Las Vegas Convention Center)—2.6 million sq. ft.
- Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market (July show, AmericasMart)—1.33 million sq. ft.
- Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market (January show, AmericasMart)—1.28 million sq. ft.
- International Construction and Utility Equipment Exposition (ICUEE, Kentucky Exposition Center, Louisville), 1.24 million sq. ft.
- Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) 2017 Show (Las Vegas Convention Center)—1.21 million sq. ft.
- Florida RV Supershow (Florida State Fairgrounds, Tampa)—1.10 million sq. ft.
- America’s Largest RV Show (Giant Center, Pennsylvania)—1.06 million sq. ft.
- 2017 NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (Las Vegas Convention Center and Henderson Executive Airport, Las Vegas)—1.06 million sq. ft.
- NAB Show (Las Vegas Convention Center)—1.02 million sq. ft.