Would you leave your event to chance?
Were you startled by this question? Well, then you are in for a treat.
You are cordially invited to be part of a monthly interactive column focused on your ability to look and act beyond the now.
This new column is based on the practice of Event Design using the #EventCanvas Methodology by the Event Design Collective. In this column you will be able to practice conversations, with worksheets, short exercises and audio snippets from the Event Owner’s perspective grasped directly out of the new book “DESIGN to CHANGE: Elevating your abilities to Look & Act Beyond the Now”.
Be warned, this column may be redundant if:
- you can articulate clearly your long- and short-term goals and know how events can successfully achieve them
- you have determined the behavior changes that will result in achieving your goals
- you like design, but not for your event
- you don’t like to challenge the status quo
- you are confident of handling any conversation around the above-mentioned items at any time
- you validated exactly how your events are perceived by your stakeholders
- you have clearly defined jobs to be done and know how to get them done
- you have a common language to address behavior change through events
For all others, do join us on the journey to explore how your events create value and how you can have better conversations with your event owners.
Why don’t you try it for yourself, click here and see how you would answer these first 3 questions:
- What recent conversation did you have that you left to chance that you wish you could redo?
- How did it make you feel at the time?
- What would you do differently next time?