There’s no better cure for the winter blues than escaping to tropical white sand beaches with crystal blue ocean shores. What better time for TripAdvisor to release the results of their Travelers’ Choice Awards for the best beaches in the world?
There’s a new sandbox champion, now that the top ranked beach for the last two years has taken second place.
Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos is the world’s new No. 1 beach, followed by previous winner Baia do Sancho in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil. Grace Bay offers perfect beach weather year-round, and according to TripAdvisor, the area offers 43 hotels, including Traveler’s Choice Award Winner The Tuscany.
More than 3,300 reviews of Grace Bay echoed the same satisfied sentiments: sugary-white beaches, warm blue water, delicious beach-front restaurants, and no crowds.
Check out which sandy shores made the top 10 best beaches in the world:
1. Grace Bay — Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
2. Baia do Sancho — Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
3. Playa Paraiso — Cayo Largo, Cuba
4. Anse Lazio — Praslin Island, Seychelles
5. Cayo de Agua — Los Roques National Park, Venezuela
6. Flamenco Beach — Culebra, Puerto Rico
7. Playa de Ses Illetes — Formentera, Spain
8. Ngapali Beach — Ngapali, Myanmar
9. West Bay Beach — Bay Islands, Honduras
10. Nacpan Beach — El Nido, Philippines
The decision was made based on the quality and quantity of user reviews and ratings of beaches over a year-long period.
In addition to their best in the world ranking (which includes 25 beaches), TripAdvisor also ranked the top beaches in the US, UK, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Central America, South America, the South Pacific and Europe.
Playa de Ses Illetes in Formentera, Spain took the No. 1 spot for Europe, while Florida’s Clearwater Beach claimed the crown for the U.S. (and landed in the No. 20 spot for best in the world).
You can see the full list at TripAdvisor.com.