You know Las Vegas as an action-packed destination boasting some of the world’s best entertainment, top musical acts, dining options from celebrity chefs, and only-in-Vegas attractions, including The Mob Museum and The Neon Museum Las Vegas. But behind the scenes, this is a place that gets business done. Las Vegas developed around the hospitality industry and the seasoned pros who work at all levels in hotels and venues are trained to take care of attendees and meeting professionals. Here are six ways meeting in the top Convention City in the World makes your job easier.
- Convenience: Harry Reid International Airport (LAS) was one of the busiest in the country last year with 52.6 million passengers gliding through the recently updated terminals. More than 17,000 direct flights each month bound for 149 airports around the world make getting your attendees to town easy and affordable. It is the most recovered of the top 20 largest airports in the United States based on a percentage of pre-pandemic seat capacity.
Once here, getting around is easier than ever. The walkable strip is augmented by an expanding Vegas Loop at Las Vegas Convention Center, an underground tunnel where electric Tesla’s speed attendees from the expanded Las Vegas Convention Center to Resorts World Las Vegas. It is designed to transport 4,400 convention attendees per hour through the 200-acre campus in under two minutes, for free. The service just moved its one-millionth passenger and plans call for Elon Musk’s The Boring Company to build 55 stations along a 29-mile system through The Strip, to Allegiant Stadium, and eventually to LAS. The Vegas Loop compliments Las Vegas Monorail, an elevated 2.9-mile journey up The Strip. Zero-emission electric trains arrive every 4-8 minutes at each of the seven stations from MGM Grand Hotel and Casino to SAHARA Las Vegas.
- Freedom of Choice: With more than 150,000 guest rooms at all price points and almost 15 million sq. ft. of meeting and convention space available, even the largest group can find room to stay and meet. Three of the 10 largest convention centers in North America are in Las Vegas. One of the newest indoor-outdoor options with 550,000 sq. ft., including two 110,000-square-foot pillarless ballrooms, CAESARS FORUM is connected by a bridge to 8,500 hotel rooms at Harrah’s Las Vegas, The LINQ Hotel + Experience and Flamingo Las Vegas with The LINQ Promenade shops beyond.
Down the Strip, Resorts World Las Vegas – Hilton, Conrad & Crockfords is a triple-branded Hilton Hotel with 3,500 guest rooms and the second Luxury upscale Crockfords Las Vegas, LXR Hotels & Resorts in the United States. It shares 250,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including six ballrooms with Conrad Las Vegas at Resorts World and Hilton Las Vegas. It counts 40 dining options with everything from upscale, plant-based Mediterranean specialties at Crossroads to Wagyu beef at Carversteak. After meeting hours, the 5,000-capacity Resorts World Theatre turns up the volume with top entertainers such as Carrie Underwood and Katy Perry.
Another Hilton property, Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton, recently opened with 1,500 guest room “chambers” and 60,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. The 1,200-seat theater is wired for presentations. Outside, Elia Beach Club is a literal oasis available for reception rentals for up to 2,500 people.
Nearby, LVCC is bigger and easier to load into and out of than ever. The 2021 West Hall expansion added 1.4 million sq. ft. to accommodate the growing needs of groups such as CES, the popular consumer electronics show. The 600,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space is served by dedicated docks so groups in other parts of the building won’t even know you are there. Next up, Phase III will renovate the existing 3.2 million-square-foot facility.
- Dining Options: This is a place where you can take the night off by scheduling a “free evening” for attendees to enjoy legendary dining options and celebrity chefs. Group favorites include Delilah, a modern-day supper club at Wynn Las Vegas that opened in 2021 as a partnership with the h.wood Group. New at SAHARA Las Vegas is Balla Italian Soul, which showcases Chef Shawn McClain’s seasonal magicianship. For before or after-dinner toasts, Hakkasan Las Vegas at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino offer “All That and Dim Sum” and The Venetian Resort Las Vegas is steps from Restaurant Row, including local favorites Cut by Wolfgang Puck and Mott 32 modern Chinese restaurant.
- Memorable Off-site Activities: Get the group out for experiences that have an impact. AREA15 brings together music, art, performance, and spectacle for vivid, immersive challenges that cement attendee relationships. For shared thrills, SkyPod at The Strat Hotel, Casino + SkyPod offers Insta-worthy indoor/outdoor observation deck angles 1,149 feet up in the air.
- Professional Services: Las Vegas was built on hospitality and has professionally trained staff and infrastructure in place to deliver seamless quality and service. In 2022, nearly 5 million attendees filled ballrooms and expo halls. New draws announced include hosting Las Vegas Grand Prix Formula One race in November of this year and the Super Bowl at Allegiant Stadium in 2024.
- Thank You Notes from Your Boss: A 2020 study showed that on average attendance at a rotating annual event increases by 9% when it is in Las Vegas. And attendees spend more time in meetings and on the trade show floor than in other cities. Many choose to extend their stay to take in the shows, arts, and outdoor activities. Win-win-win.